Tips & Tricks on selling your property
- First looks are important in any situation and when it comes to selling your property this is no different! Prospective buyers will form their own opinion straight away when they see your house. Perhaps consider planting a few flowers in your garden, re-painting the front door or gate, if the front of your property looks great positive thoughts will already be circling the client’s minds.
- The less cluttered your property is the bigger it will seem. Store away any personal items, give the property a clean and declutter. If you are currently staying in the property whilst you have it for sale it only takes a couple of minutes to put things away and bring them back out again after! By storing away personal items it enables the potential buyer to view the property as a blank canvass to make their own.
- Expect to be flexible on viewings. Potential buyers can come morning, evening and on the weekend often with little notice. If you can leave the property or stay outside whilst the viewing is taking place with the agent, it allows the viewers to feel more relaxed and discuss the property honestly giving them a better feel.
- Remove your pets and anything related to them, for example dog dishes or cat littler boxes. Although a lot of people like animals it is easier to move around and view the property without having pets running around your feet.
- Have any minor repairs done. Minor repairs such as a cracked tile or a small hole in the wall wont cost much to fix however will make a big difference to the viewer.
- Have your home smelling wonderful, air the kitchen from cooking smells, take out the rubbish, have windows open – perhaps light a few candles before the viewing, not only do they smell nice, but they look good too. Good smells can make a property feel like a home.